Saturday, February 2, 2013

Expecting- 27 Week!

27 weeks 2How far along? 27 weeks! This marks the beginning of the home stretch. I’m excited to be in my 3rd trimester!

Baby’s size: He’s nearly 15 inches and about 2 1/2 pounds. And that’s why I feel so ‘baby-full!’

Stretch Marks? Just a stretched out belly-button. No stretch marks yet.

Symptoms: My symptoms have been so mild overall. I find myself complaining about things sometimes and then remember how easy this pregnancy has been overall. Some of the normal pregnancy things that most people deal with, like swelling or heartburn or leg cramps, I have yet to experience and I’m thankful! The thing that has slowed me up this week is hip pain… I hope that is caused by my narrow little hips spreading a little! The only other pain in the butt is actually pain in the toe. I know, right? Weird. But somehow it seems to be related to pregnancy!

Sleep: Thanks to Magnesium, I have had the best sleep of the last six and a half months this week! I have had more energy too. Imagine that!Baby Nathan 6

 Best moment this week: Last weekend I got to snuggle my new nephew, three weeks old. He was soft and smelled like a newborn and cuddled perfectly. I fell in love with his squishy lips and his adorable little noises. It really brought home the fact that soon I will give birth and have my own little kicky pants to fall in love with. I think I forget about that eventuality sometimes! I also realized, listening to the stories of sleepless nights, that my easy-peasy nighttime routine is about to get a good rocking. Oh. Dear.

Miss Anything? Nope. Not a thing. I’m a happy girl. (At the risk of repeating myself, I miss sleeping on my stomach. I get jealous every time I see my hubs laying on his tum. But now I’m just complaining…)

Number of times I get up to pee each night: Only once a night this week! Thanks, Magnesium.

Movement: It used to feel like a fish in a bowl swishing up against the glass. This week he feels like he’s playing bumper cars on much too small of a rink. He bangs and crashes around like a strong boy should. I laugh when I see my stomach jumping! It looks like a cartoon.

Food cravings: Grapefruit. Cucumber. Salad. Protein. WATER. More WATER. I’m thirsty all the time.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. (Hurray!)27 weeks 1

Showing? Tonight I said that I was feeling very pregnant as I settled in to read the kids their bedtime story and my husband had the audacity to say I was looking it too! Of course he was teasing. But then he said just wait a couple months… and I cringed. It would be nice to plateau right about here. Sometimes I look huge, sometimes I look tiny. I think it has a lot to do with where my son is sitting.

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? It is thinking about popping. We’ll see. I think its going to be a good little button and stay in.

Mood: I have cranky days and happy days. Its really nothing new. The biggest thing is how overwhelmed I can be by the slightest thing. Tears, the whole nine yards.

Looking forward to: Meeting my son! Meeting my doula… I get together with her on Tuesday. She’s basically amazing and I’m blessed to have her on my team. I’m also really looking forward to accompanying for two amazing sopranos next weekend at a theater on the San Juan Islands. It’s a REAL job for a REAL theater and its also a REAL vacation/baby moon for me and my husband in Friday Harbor, all expenses paid plus the money I’m earning. I feel so blessed to get to do this!

27 weeks 5

Goodbye, Toes! Its been nice reaching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment