Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Expecting ~ 25 Weeks

25 weeks 4How far along? 25 weeks

Baby’s size: My little son is 13 1/2 inches and over a 1 1/2 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Church clothes have been hard to figure out since every dress I put on resembles a tent. Other than that, I love to rock my boots and skinnies. So far I’m big enough to look pregnant but not so big as to be uncomfortable in clothes. We’ll see how long that lasts!

Stretch marks? Nope! More coconut oil please…!

Symptoms: The last couple weeks I’ve been having a bit of hip pain – that lovely stabbing kind. Not a fan. I’m hungry all the time, but have no room to put food. Acid indigestion is not a fun symptom, but I’m managing that with TUMS. My favorite pregs symptom is having happy skin, which is truly a miracle considering how much baby loves chocolate! I’ve been waiting all my life for happy skin. Makes me feel like I finally grew up.

Sleep: We got a new mattress this weeks...  Aaahhhh, bliss. Now if I could stop dreaming all these wacky things. Seriously, where do I come up with this stuff?

Best moment this week: Watching my daughter’s eyes light up as she felt her baby brother kick for the first time. I’ve been looking forward to sharing it with her ever since I found out our little son was on the way.

Miss Anything? I had a brief moment of envy this week when I looked at one of my skinny friends looking oh-so-adorable and thin and wondered how long it might be before I’m one of the little people again… but it passed. I miss sleeping through the night without getting up to pee…

Number of times I get up to pee each night: At least once, but this week more like 2-3 times. UUugg. I think I’m actually getting pretty good at sleep walking my way to the bathroom though, if only I didn’t have to wrestle over my mountainous body pillow to get out of bed. Its complicated.

Movement: Most of the time baby Watson keeps his little feet on my bladder and kicks  to his hearts content. Every once in a while he turns over and sticks his toes between my ribs. Its all very endearing, if not terribly comfortable. He is shy about letting anyone else in on his motion, almost never letting daddy or anyone else feel his kicks. Seriously, how does he know??

Food cravings: Carbs, chocolate chip cookies, oranges, mexican , apples. I wish I could say I had greater will power to resist but so far baby gets what baby wants. Lets hope I don’t gain 40 lbs over the next 3 months…

25 weeks 3Anything making you queasy or sick: I’m happy to report a queasy free couple weeks.

Have you started to show yet: Just check out the pics! Yea, I’m rocking a pretty good bump now and I’m happy about it.

Belly Button in or out? Still in.

Mood: Cranky when I’m tired. Overwhelmed easily by little things. Happy and thankful for my beautiful family and my lovely home. Thoughtful.

Looking forward to: I’m almost to my third trimester, I have a midwife appointment this week, and I’m  interviewing with a doula this week. Oddly enough, I’m kind of looking forward to giving birth… after reading through Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth I’m feeling informed and empowered… don’t laugh, its true!

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:
“Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

25 weeks-1 14 weeks to go. Exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Kari. You are so beautiful. I haven't seen you since "The Baby Bump", so it was quite a shock to look at your blog.
    It's making me weepy, actually. No, seriously, I'm being a watering pot.
    I'm so happy for you and the rest of your family, who are doubtlessly through the moon about the Watson-Five.
    You and Meghann seem to be starting a trend of "Let's stay absolutely perfectly slender and entirely centralize baby-weight-gain to our tummies!" Impressive.... Hope that's one I can follow someday!

    Additionally... Glad to see you are "on the blog" again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari...if I were there...I'd tie your shoes for you...
    Love you...
    Always...
    "Uncle" Randall...you remember...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'd let you.
      Love you back. Always!

      Delete