Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Expecting–22 Weeks

 

DSC_3966 copyBaby size: Just under a pound, about 10 inches long.

How far along: 22 weeks!

Total weight gain: 10 pounds total. I’d like to think that’s a good place to be, but I have to be realistic… the big gain is still to come. Eek!

Sleep: Not too shabby. I’m loving my body pillow now that I’ve learned to sleep with it without getting smothered. Achy hips and odd dreams are my sleep companions these days… in addition to my hubs, I should clarify.

Maternity Clothes: I love my skinny jeans and tunic tops that hug under what little bump I have. Truthfully though, I only try to look cute when I go out and spend the rest of my time in big sweatshirts and cozy pants.

Food cravings : Fresh fruit, salad, soup, bread, and CITRUS, always CITRUS! This week I’ve indulged in a couple peppermint soy mochas from Starbucks and wow! they hit the spot.

Food aversions: I could do without ever smelling fried eggs or fish again. Oddly enough, though, scrambled eggs have tasted really good. When I figure out this pregnancy thing I’ll let you know.

Symptoms: The last couple weeks I’ve been dealing with more of this odd, low pain. A couple days of actually having a hard time walking! Christmas Eve was pretty bad, but Christmas morning I felt much better. I’m going to blame it on gas, the infamous ‘round ligament’ pain, indigestion… Other than that, no swelling or heartburn yet and that’s a good thing!

Exercise: Well, you see, its Christmas… And before that, I was too busy… And before that, I was too sick… Perhaps I will add walking to my routine next week.

Movement: Little fellow likes to swim and punch rock and roll…and then he sleeps for just long enough to make me nervous. Then – POW! He starts doing jumping jacks or kickboxing. I’ve been trying to have my hubs catch a kick for a couple weeks but the stubborn little baby would go perfectly still as soon as J would lay his hand on my belly. Finally, on Christmas night he gave a really big kick and J looked at me with a shocked happy expression and said, “Wow, I felt that one!”

Belly Button: Still an innie…. but looking a little stretched.

Gender: BOY!

What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to sharing baby’s motion with Sarah and Caleb. It will be so much fun to see their eyes light up Smile

What I miss: Having energy. Really, I have nothing to complain about!

What BabyCenter has to say:

At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

The five of us on Christmas morning…

DSC_4444 copy

2 comments:

  1. Um...great Family Photo...but...don't you think the Tree looks a little fat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree does seem a bit fat. We'll leave all other ponderings of fatness in the picture alone :)

      Delete